What are J&L Hardware products made from?
All of our products have been selected for their high quality composition. They are a collection of superior metals, woods, concrete, and many more, all finished in assorted ways.
What is a living finish?
A few of our products are made from unfinished Brass, Bronze, or Copper. They are natural finishes that are not protected from any type of external finish or coating.
Living finishes will age with time and use, meaning they will oxidize and develop patina and the initial finish will change. The finish will dull, deepen, and darken and also appear irregular. You can let them age with beauty or polish and clean them with a clean, soft damp cloth regularly. Please read about care and maintenance below for further information.
Trade Accounts and Discounts?
If you are in the trade you can sign up for a trade account with us and receive discounts off products after meeting standard requirements. Please apply through our To The Trade page and we will get back to you through email.
Sign up for our mailing list to be kept up to date on sales and other offers!
When will I receive my purchase?
Each item has current lead time listed on its page. The arrival of your item(s) depends on finish and stock availability. Subject to change without notice.
Why doesn't my item have shipping option available?
Some items are freight orders due to their heavy weight or being oversized. These items need to be calculated manually. To complete your order, please email us at email@example.com. and we will send over a freight quote for your approval - prior to ordering.
Do you have local pick up?
We do, if you would like to pick up locally in downtown Austin, Texas- please select that option at check out.
I am not sure what size to order?
If you are working with a designer we recommend you ask them for help to help choose your size and meet the vision you are trying to achieve. If you're working alone, we suggest using the dimensions listed on the product pages to assure it will work in your space.
What does C-C mean?
C-C or cc stands for center to center. This accounts for the measurement of the item between the center of the two drilled holes into cabinets.
How do I install the products?
We highly recommend using a qualified installer for any hardware or plumbing installations. A specialty installer should have all the needed tools and templates for the job. Please share the specification photos with the installer to ensure they are capable of the job. J&L Hardware is not responsible for any type of install per items sold.
What is your warranty?
J&L Hardware holds limited liability to the replacement of product(s); no other way is express or implied.
We do work with some suppliers who offer warranties on their products. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more assistance.
Can I place a phone order?
You may call us during business hours and our sales team will be happy to take your order over the phone.
General Return Policy?
You may return eligible products for a credit or refund of the purchase price paid, less shipping and handling, and any applicable restocking fees within 14 days from receipt of your order. J&L Hardware requires returned merchandise to have prior written communication and a valid return authorization number from J&L Hardware.
- Products must be in original, unused condition and packaged in all the original packaging and tags.
- Original shipping cost and duties are non refundable.
- Shipping, duties, and taxes on returned exchanged goods will be the customers responsibility.
- Re-Shipping fee and re-stocking fee will vary on per item basis.
- Goods received in used condition will not be eligible for refund.
- Refunds are issued via the original payment method.
- Special order, made to order, sale items, and/or customized order items are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged.
To return any part of your order:
- Contact email@example.com with in 14 days of receipt to obtain a Return Authorization Number- based on J&L Hardware approval.
- Repackage all the merchandise and any other components in its original packaging, including receipt.
- Please make sure your item is very well packaged- J&L Hardware cannot be responsible for damaged good on returned items.
- Insure items when they are shipped. We are not held responsible for any items lost, held or damaged.
- Send the items back to J&L Hardware within 14 days.
You will receive an email notice regarding your return or exchange upon receipt of shipment.
What happens if my item is defective?
If you have received defective or incorrect goods, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within three days and we will be happy to assist you with your return and a replacement for your order.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations of orders of items that are on backorder will be accepted. Cancellations are not possible once the item is already shipped.
If an item is special order, made to order, or customized, those items cannot be cancelled.
How do I care for my products?
Please see info below per finish option.
- Use a mild, non-alkaline soap and a soft cloth. Do not use any aggressive cleaning products. Dry immediately to avoid water spotting.
- Weekly wipe down with a soft, non-abrasive, slightly wet cloth. Be sure to wet with water only. Dry immediately to avoid water spotting. If you decided to use a high quality commercial cleaner, be certain it is not acid based so it will not corrode the metal.
Brass, Bronze, and Copper
- Brass, Bronze, and Copper are naturally antimicrobial which means they have the ability to kill a wide range of microbes relatively quickly with a high degree of efficiency. All that is needed to for these finishes is water because these materials are able to kill of micro-organisms.
- Wipe down with a soft, non-abrasive, slightly wet cloth (wet with water), dry immediately to avoid water spotting. Thats it!
- Living finishes are left unfinished and unlacquered will age with time. They will oxidize and develop a stunning patina over time. You can let them age with grace, turn patchy, dull and darken naturally. If you'd like to maintain finish, use a clean soft damp cloth regularly. You may use a high end commercial polish sparingly for upkeep.
How can I get more help?
Always feel free to send us an email at email@example.com or call during business hours at 512-535-5454.